Gifts Through Your Will or Estate
Support your legacy.
Strengthen the arts and community in Licking County
The Encore Society: Please consider becoming a member of our Encore Society by adding The Midland Theatre as a bequest in your will or trust. With this simple gift, you can make a difference to your friends and neighbors for years to come, and support arts and community in Licking County for future generations.
Your gift can be designated or may be undesignated and utilized according to the highest current needs of The Midland. If you wish to designate your gift, the following options are available:
- • Arts: Your support of excellence in the arts helps The Midland bring a wide variety of performing arts to our community.
- • Children’s & Social Programs: Your support brings the arts to children — and children to the arts.
- • Historic Preservation: Your support of maintenance and improvements for the historic and beautiful Midland Theatre keeps this local landmark alive in our community.
- • Staff: Your support pays the salaries of our talented and dedicated staff — your friends and neighbors.
You can join the Encore Society by leaving a gift to The Midland Theatre in your will or trust.
BENEFITS TO YOU
- • You retain control of your assets during your lifetime.
- • You can change your mind and modify your gift if circumstances change.
- • Your gift can remain anonymous, if you choose.
- • Your gift may provide tax savings or help reduce the tax burden for your heirs.
- • You can leave a gift in honor or memory of someone important to you.
- • You will be remembered as someone whose legacy included support for your community.
HOW IT WORKS
In your will, you specify how you would like your assets distributed after your lifetime. You can make specific provisions for each of your loved ones, while also supporting the causes close to your heart.
- • You can simply designate a specific dollar amount, a particular asset or a percentage of your estate for The Midland.
- • You can also make The Midland a contingent beneficiary that receives assets in the event that your primary beneficiary does not survive you. Many of our supporters use this option to ensure that after their family is provided for, a portion of the assets goes to supporting the Midland and the arts and community in Licking County.
- • If you already have a will and wish to make changes, your attorney can help you prepare a codicil, which makes the changes official. Similarly, if you have a revocable living trust, your attorney can prepare an amendment to update your wishes. This information is intended to provide a general overview of this gift option.
PLEASE NOTE: The Midland Theatre cannot render tax or legal advice, and this information is not intended as such. Because of the complexity of estate planning, it is also important that you confer with a qualified advisor to assess the financial, legal and tax benefits for your personal situation.
Please let us know of your generosity by emailing Maryann Crist or call her at 740.349.9218 ext. 5 We will contact you to discuss your preferred method of recognition.
Thank you for remembering The Midland!
We are frequently adding great programming, doing ticket giveaways and much more, so stay connected with us!
Without the generosity of The Midland Theatre family and friends, we would not be what we are today. There are a number of ways you can be a part of something very special here at The Midland Theatre.